My Successful Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
A great cabbage soup diet recipe to try !
Cabbage Soup Diet INGREDIENTS
- 2 or 3 large cans of Crushed or Pureed Tomatoes,
- Add water for soupier consistency.
- 1 bunch of regular Scallions or 3 large bulbs
- 1/2 head of Cabbage
- 1 bunch of Celery
- 4 Carrots
- 2 large green/red or yellow Peppers
- 1 bunch of Italian Parsley (not curly)
- 1 bunch of Basil or Cilantro
- 3 large Bay Leaves whole
- 1 head of Garlic (15-20 cloves?), finely chopped
- 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup mix
- 4 chicken or beef Bouillon Cubes
- Black Pepper, Rosemary, Tarragon, Red Crushed Pepper, added to suit your taste.
Pour the large cans of Crushed Tomatoes into a big soup pot. Fill a tomato can with water and add it also. Add cleaned and chopped Scallions (green and white parts), Cabbage, Celery, Carrots, Peppers and start to cook on medium to low flame. Clean, chop and add Parsley followed by the Basil or Cilantro.
Add 3 large whole Bay Leaves to the soup mixture. Never include the Bay Leaves in any serving of the soup, they get thrown out when you're finished with the pot of soup.
Add the garlic, the onion soup mix, and the chicken or beef bouillon cube.
Keep stirring! Stir the soup regularly and adjust the flame so it slowly boils or simmers. The cabbage soup should be cooked for about 1 1/2 hours.
Add Black Pepper, Tarragon and Rosemary to suit your taste and Crushed Red Pepper if you like.
Taste the cabbage soup as you cook it, adjust cooking time to suit your taste. Add more water if you like or the 3rd can of tomatoes. The cabbage soup may be eaten hot or cold. The cabbage soup diet is ready....Enjoy !